2017-09-25 / Local News

Fire’s out, but truck’s stuck

« »
By TIM GULLA
Ledger Staff Writer

A Blacksburg home was damaged by a Thursday morning fire that likely was sparked by an electrical problem.

The CKC Volunteer Fire Department, along with Blacksburg and Buffalo volunteer fire departments, responded to the 100 block of Dillingham Drive shortly before noon and observed heavy smoke coming from the residence.

No one was home, according to CKC Fire Capt. Brian Mullinax.

Firefighters forced entry to attack the blaze.

Mullinax said the fire began in a back corner of the home, where a bathroom is located, and that firefighters were able to keep the fire damage contained to that portion of the home.

Due to a quick response, it only took a few minutes for the fire to be declared under control. There were no injuries. While fire damage was contained, there was smoke damage throughout the home.

The family that lived in the home, two adults and a child, had relatives nearby and Mullinax said Red Cross assistance was not requested.

It was believed the fire was sparked by some type of electrical problem with a vent fan in the bathroom.

Return to top

Print Edition

Click here for digital edition
2017-09-25 digital edition

Special Sections

Poll

Are you willing to pay more taxes to help fund Recreation Department projects?